NSS AT GOVT. MIZO HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL
NSS PROGRAMME OFFICER
The tagline “Not Me but You” perfectly sums up the NSS’s objectives, mission, and goals. The motto encourages individuals to help others, live freely in our nation, and respect other people’s beliefs and perspectives. It considers the well-being of each person and of society. Therefore, NSS (National Service Scheme) upholds this adage above everything in every of its programmes and undertakings.
Objectives: The main goal of NSS is to help students develop their personalities while encouraging them to contribute to society.
- collaborate with the society and understand the community in which they work
- identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
- develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- utilise the scholarship they were given to remedy their concerns
- acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- practise national integration and social harmony
- to support uplifting the less fortunate members of society
In a few chosen Higher Secondary Schools and Colleges in Mizoram, the NSS unit has been incorporated. Even now, the NSS is still contributing immensely to society. 100 volunteers make up one NSS unit, which has one programme officer. There are 5 NSS units at our school. Our area of initiatives and projects consist of the following:
- constructing a waiting shed
- blood donation
- creating custom benches in public place and tourist spot
- spreading knowledge about sanitation through leaflet distribution, volunteer work, etc.
- constructing public urinal and water well.
- to carry off “Green Mizoram,” by planting trees and care for them.
- volunteer cleaning of public places and hospitals.